Pages


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quinoa Freedom Cheese, our dog!

  • Three years ago, as of next July 4th, this cute little dog walked into our yard, in the country! We reported that we found her and the authorities said someone had called the day before and said they found her and would keep her until the owner showed up. Strange because Javi had seen a car pull up in front of our house and open and close their car door. The people who said they found her lived miles away from us so there is no way she walked to our house from there.
  • The city people said they would come pick her up, if we wanted, and take her 'to the pound!'
  • We decided to hang on to her until owners showed up and they never did. At first it was hard because I never thought I would have a dog. It's a lot of responsibility and I never considered myself 'a dog person'
  • This little dog soon adopted me as her new mom and followed me everywhere I went, including just up and down the hallway at my old house! She likes to burrow(weird for a dog, it seems) and is as I type curled up under my sweater!
  • I couldn't help but get attached to her and we gave her the name Quinoa(after my favorite grain)Freedom(since she showed up on July 4th)Cheese(well because we live in WI of course!) and she is now a part of our family and goes everywhere we go, good thing she is small!!!
  • Recently I was listening to a podcast about animals and the woman speaking said dogs are angels in fur coats and that they are just here to teach us unconditional love! What a great way to think of our little furry friends!

0 comments: